Skip to content
What Are We Doing?
- Supporting the Five Fifty Fifty Mental Health Run/Walk Series across the country for the purpose of raising awareness, reducing stigma and enforcing the role of physical wellness in mental health.
- Supporting existing national mental healthcare foundations such as Mental Health America (MHA), International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation (IOCDF), National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), Brain Research Foundation, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) and Crisis Text Line among others.
- Addressing the shortage of mental healthcare providers by providing scholarships to mid-level providers in order to achieve mental health specialty or certification.
- Supporting integration of mental healthcare in medicine in inpatient and outpatient clinical settings.
- Preventing suicide by funding peer support Hope Squad suicide prevention programs in elementary, middle and high schools.
- Funding peer support education programs to family and friends of patients who suffer from mental illness.
- Support early detection and treatment programs of children between the age of 0 to 6.
National Beneficiaries of the Foundation
Mental Health America - Five Fifty Fifty Run/Walk Series National Charity Partner
Brain Research Foundation
International OCD Foundation
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
Rogers Memorial Hospital
Patient care grants
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Out of the Darkness Community Walks
Local Beneficiaries of the Foundation
Waukesha County Community Foundation
Support the capital campaign and intiate mental healthcare services.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee School of Nursing
University of Wisconsin nursing grant to establish a mental health certificate program and/or mental health Nurse Practitioner program
Mental Health America of Wisconsin
Mental Health America of South Mississippi
Mental Health America of East Tennessee
Mental Health America of the Heartland
Mental Health America Minnesota
Mental Health America Connecticut
Mental Health America of Franklin County
Hebron House for the Mental Ill Homeless - Waukesha, WI
Medical health support, Hygiene and Safety Initiative
ProHealth Care Foundation
Support funding of pilot integrated mental health program in clinical medicine.
University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing
Scholarship funding of Nurse Practitioner program to encourage enrollment in mental health specialty at University of Wisconsin Madison.
Copyright © 2020 AB Korkor Foundation For Mental Health - Nonprofit 501(c)(3) Organization