What Are We Doing?
- Supporting the Five Fifty Fifty Mental Health Run/Walk Series across the country for the purpose of raising awareness, reducing stigma and enforcing the role of physical wellness in mental health.
- Supporting existing national mental healthcare foundations such as Mental Health America (MHA), International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation (IOCDF), , Brain Research Foundation, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) and Crisis Text Line among others.
- Addressing the shortage of mental healthcare providers by providing scholarships to mid-level providers in order to achieve mental health specialty or certification.
- Supporting integration of mental healthcare in medicine in inpatient and outpatient clinical settings.
- Preventing suicide by funding peer support Hope Squad suicide prevention programs in elementary, middle and high schools.
- Funding peer support education programs to family and friends of patients who suffer from mental illness.
Local Organizations We Currently Support
University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing
Scholarship funding of Nurse Practitioner program to encourage enrollment in mental health specialty at University of Wisconsin Madison.